BGA Component Reballing Services
Our high-reliability BGA Reballing service can quickly rework BGA components that require reballing. Reballing is often required when the alloy of the BGA component solder balls needs to be changed from lead-free to leaded.
If you require Reballing services for your BGA component parts, you’ve come to the right place. Euro Car Electronics can easily manage all your BGA component reballing needs. Contact us whenever you need BGA repair, or any electronics component fixed (eg. PCB Repair) and we will take care of you right away. We are also happy to answer any questions about the process you may have.
Circuit board BGA component rework and reflow PCB Repairs services
What Is BGA Reballing?
In certain applications, you may occasionally need to change the alloy of your BGA component solder balls. Typically this means you have lead-free BGA component solder balls and you need them to be leaded for your applications. In this situation, your components will require reballing.
Our BGA Reballing Process
Euro Car Electronics has a high-quality reballing process. When you contact us for BGA component reballing with the sizes of your various BGA reballing packages and solder balls, we go right to work. We perform BGA reballing using the following step-by-step process:
- Prepping the BGAs: When we receive your BGAs, we remove the existing components and make sure the surface is clean.
- Securing the units: We place the units in a mold to keep them in place while we are performing the reballing.
- Introducing the stencil: The next step is to install a custom stencil built to match the size and spacing of your BGA in order to guide the solder balls.
- Securing the stencil: We then screw a ring on top to create a casing that keeps the stencil securely in place.
- Shaking in the solder balls: Thanks to the stencil, most solder balls will easily slide right into the divots of the component. We have a tool that can safely brush in any balls that do not make it into their slots.
- Reflow soldering: Next, we perform reflow soldering with a cutting edge reflow oven that gives us ideal temperature control and exposure for soldering. After a brief rest period, we deconstruct the fixture and clean off the leftover flux.
- Inspecting the results: Every reballing job we do is not over until we do a full, post-process inspection and verification. We analyze and test the entire setup to make sure all the balls are secure, imperfection-free and in the proper place.
We offer unparalleled customer service. You can call us anytime you are having trouble with your BGA package and we will walk you through solutions. We are the perfect partner to have in your corner. To inquire about reballing services, contact us online.